The Drinks Drop Ltd is an online web store selling pre batched cocktails across the UK. For purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Drinks Drop Limited is a data controller.
Registration is not required for you to use our site. We only collect identifiable personal data or information that is provided by you when you email us. Such information may include name, title, company address, email address, and telephone number. We would normally collect such information to respond to your specific enquiry.
The information that is likely to be collected from you could be any or all of the following:
- Contact telephone numbers
- Financial information such as credit/debit card numbers
- IP address, which is automatically collected
- Web browser type and version, which is automatically collected
- Operating system, which is automatically collected
- A list of URLs relating to your activity on this website, which is automatically collected
- Cookie information which we provide more information about below.
USE OF DATA
When you provide personal data to us, we will use it for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you have a contract in place with us for the provision of services or have made a purchase via our website, we may use your data as necessary to perform the contract. If you do not wish to receive any contact from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by contacting us as set out below.
We use a range of cookies on our website, including strictly necessary cookies, performance / analytics cookies, functional cookies and advertising cookies. The cookies may be set by us or by a third party, including advertising cookies, which are used by our advertising partners to show online adverts based on your activity. When you first visit our website, you will be asked if you agree to cookies – and we will not use these cookies unless and until you provide your consent.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your device’s hard disk. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. The other technologies we use serve a very similarly function but work slightly differently.
We use two broad types of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by us to your device when you visit our website; and
- Third party cookies, served by a third party on our behalf when you visit our website and certain third party websites with whom we have partnered.
These cookies can be divided into session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remember your user choices and preferences and are then deleted as soon as you leave the site. Persistent cookies stay in one of your browser’s subfolders until you delete them manually or until they expire.
This website uses the following cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly Necessary cookies : These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, our website cannot function properly and services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided. Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies we may use on this website include Content Management Cookies which are required by the site for the content management system to work and Template Preference Cookies which are necessary for mobile sites and enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
Performance and Analytics cookies : These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and any error messages visitors receive from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that directly identifies a visitor. Information collected by these cookies is often aggregated and therefore becomes anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works, and understand how most people use our website.
Functional cookies : These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or posting a comment. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We may place a cookie to remember your preferences (Preference Cookie) so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. You can choose this by selecting ‘Remember me on this device’, but it is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
- Advertising cookies : These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests based on your previous browsing across the web as well as keywords we may be able to gather from the URLs of webpages from which you accessed this website, your IP address and any search engine used to reach this website. Also, these cookies may be used to deliver online interest-based advertising to you (either within this website or when you visit third party websites, including third party social media platforms) or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They stay on your computer unless you delete them and they remember that you have visited a website.
We may also use certain service providers to set cookies on our behalf via third party partner websites. These cookies enable us to analyse visits to specific sections of those websites and collect certain information regarding purchases of our products. The types of information collected by such cookies may include: shopping cart information, what product pages have been viewed, whether a purchase of our product has been made, which of our products have been searched for.
We may also use social sharing plugins and cookies. The Social Sharing plugin works by linking you with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest and allows interaction between your activity on social media sites and on our website through your direction. Social Sharing cookies are used to remember that you are logged in to our site. If you visit a page which we maintain on a social media site such as Facebook, it is likely that cookies will also be set on your device. These cookies are set by the social media network and so, to change the cookies that you receive from these sites, even on our pages, you will need to change use the settings provided by the social media site.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters relating to payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. The providers of such services do have access to certain personal information provided by any website user. Any of this information is only used by them to perform the services that are requested by us, and nothing else, as this is prohibited.
We recognise that your information is valuable and we take all reasonable measures to protect your information while it is in our care. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, regulatory, or other government agencies as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
We do have a marketing department and upon registration or placing an online order we will be notifying you with regards to the order, and the entire transaction process. After the completion of the transaction, we may send across marketing materials if you opted-in to receiving marketing updates or have signed up to receive The Drinks Drop newsletter. You do however have the option to opt-out of these if you wish.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and other than the previously mentioned, your information will not be disclosed to any other third parties.
We may use your personal data to provide you with information that you have requested from us and to inform you of offers or other goods or services that may be of interest to you (but only where you have not objected to be contacted for such purposes).
We will only contact you by electronic means (email) information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. We will do this where you have made an order with us or you have otherwise confirmed that you agree to us sending you such information (see 'What is our lawful basis for using your information' below).
Please note that you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by:
- Checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data; or
- You can also request us not to use your personal data for this purpose when setting up your Abbott Lyon account; or
- Using the Unsubscribe link provided in all marketing communications; or
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We continually review our processes and procedure to ensure we have appropriate confidentiality and information security measures in place to protect your data. This includes putting in place internal policies to ensure that customer information we are provided with is encrypted at rest. We maintain strong record keeping processes to support requests by individuals for deletion, rectification, access to data and such additional rights granted under the GDPR.
We will only keep information we collect from you to provide you with the required service. If you wish to update, amend or delete your personal information from our records please contact us at email@example.com
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Although we aim to have every picture and description accurate, mistakes do occur so please inform us if you see or read something that is not accurate. If you’ve purchased something based on a picture or description on the website which turns out to be incorrect we’ll happily replace or refund the product.
If you are not happy with the way in which we handle your personal data, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org